Available Platelet-rich Plasma Therapies:
(Please click on the link you are interested in to quickly scroll to that section of the page)
Rauch Wellness & Aesthetics is proud to offer PRP (Platelet-rich Plasma) Therapy where we use the patients’ own platelets and plasma to treat a variety of conditions via micro-needling and injections. Our minimally invasive cosmetic procedures help patients looking for advanced anti-aging solutions. Not all physicians prepare PRP the same way, which is why we have partnered with other experts to offer the best technologies on the market:
Magellan TruPRP is one of only two FDA-approved machines available
- The Magellan® Platelet Separator is unique in its ability to customize the PRP product. The system can be programmed to deliver a volume of 3 – 10 ml from each processing cycle. This allows us to customize the platelet concentration per ml within the PRP. Magellan® is approved for three processing cycles per disposable, allowing for a maximum of 30 ml of product.
- The Eclipse MicroPen® is a revolutionary cordless dermal micro-needling device used by skincare professionals across the globe. Eclipse MicroPen® has several advantages over previous generation anti-aging devices such as lasers and dermal needle rollers.
What Is Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)?
Although blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also contains small solid components (red cells, white cells, and platelets.) The platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries. Numerous proteins
are contained in the alpha-granules of platelets: platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), transforming growth factor (TGF), platelet factor interleukin (IL), platelet-derived angiogenesis factor (PDAF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin-like growth factor IGF and fibronectin.
PRP is plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets — and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors — can be 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than usual.
To develop a PRP preparation, blood must first be drawn from a patient. The platelets are separated from other blood cells and their concentration is increased during a process called centrifugation.
According to several studies, Platelet Rich Plasma must contain platelet counts at least 4-6 times baseline in order to be therapeutic. Not all PRP preparation systems are equal. The concentration of platelet derived factors is crucial for superior results. Therefore, we have invested in the top machine in the market, the Magellan TruPRP, system. We do not use a simple table top centrifuge like many attempt to do. We can customize PRP according to the procedure we are doing. 60ml of blood processed to 6mL delivers a platelet concentration of 7.2 times baseline, almost 1.5 million platelets, delivering a multitude of reparative and therapeutic factors back into those areas being treated.
Rauch Wellness & Aesthetics offers the following PRP treatments:
We are thrilled to offer the exclusive Vampire Facial® which restores the shape, improves tone and texture and rejuvenates new and younger tissue in the face without surgery. This is the perfect solution for those wanting to look and feel younger and achieve a glow without the pain and downtime of cosmetic surgery. This procedure treats fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin blemishes and texture and gives skin a renewed glow.
Platelets and plasma contain a number of hormones and growth factors that can stimulate hair follicles to grow. PRP is ideal for men and women who have thinning hair or men who are experiencing male pattern baldness. It is also regularly used to treat androgenic alopecia.
straightforward. Dr. Rauch begins by drawing two or three vials of blood from the patient. It is then spun in the TruPRP system, which separates the blood from the platelets and plasma. After the platelets and plasma are prepared, they are injected just under the scalp in areas where hair growth is desired. In addition, the scalp is micro needled using the Eclipse micro needling device.
Most patients will see results as soon as two to three months. Hair will be become thicker and fuller. Follicles that are in the dormant phase will become active and hair will grow.
Platelet rich plasma therapy is safe because the patient’s own blood products are used so there is no chance of rejection. When hair-loss is caused by stress, or hormonal imbalance, sometimes the PRP can be the perfect solution, along with a prescription for hair loss.
Treatment for anti-aging involves micro-needling and/or injection of the patient’s own PRP (Collagen Booster) with Derma-fillers and/or fat for the cosmetic treatment of wrinkles, scars, volume-loss and enlarged pores in the face, hands, neck and chest area. It takes approximately 60 minutes for each treatment, and offers improvements for 18-24 months. Ideally PRP for anti-aging should be repeated semi-annually. There is no downtime.
Erectile Dysfunction (P-Shot®)
PRP is also used to heal damage, increase blood flow and improve erections in men with the Priapus Shot® (also known as the P-Shot®).
We are offering PRP therapy to enhance male and female sexual function and improve erections.
The P-Shot®, or penile injection of PRP, is meant to produce the following results when fully effective:
- Increased circulation in the penis
- Other therapies such as Viagra or Cialis should be more effective if they are still necessary
- Sensation in the penis should increase, correcting damage from diabetes and making sex more pleasurable
- There is no allergic reaction since the patient’s own body’s own fluids are used
- There is no lumpiness
- There is minimal pain or burning
If you would like to be treated, please note the following:
- A numbing lidocaine cream is applied to the penis
- Blood is drawn from the arm then put in a centrifuge
- The platelets are transferred into another tube where a few drops of calcium chloride solution trick the platelets into thinking that they are in the body and the body has been injured
- The platelets release growth factors into the liquid of the tube
- The liquid is transferred into a syringe and injected into the penis using a tiny needle in a way that distributes the growth factors in the proper form
Stress Urinary Incontinence (O-Shot®)
The O-Shot® helps women suffering from stress urinary incontinence, where they leak urine with a cough, sneeze or exercise. It provides an in-office, non-surgical remedy to improve the problem.
Biopsy studies show that when platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is injected, then stem cells multiply and grow new tissue. The same way PRP regenerates the skin of the face, it appears PRP regenerates healthy vaginal tissue.
Using the same technology, this procedure works by using PRP to stimulate stem cells to grow healthier vaginal tissue. The whole procedure for processing the blood and injection takes approximately an hour in our office.
How does this treatment work?
- This procedure starts with a simple blood draw
- The growth factors in platelet-rich plasma (PRP) are extracted from that blood sample and injected into an area near the clitoris and into the area of the upper vagina (the areas have been numbed with a local anesthetic cream, so patients experience little or no discomfort during the procedure)
- This initiates healing of the tissue
- With a healthier vaginal lining, women can have less painful sex, increased sensitivity and greater satisfaction with intercourse
For more info, please click the O-Shot logo below:
To schedule you free consultation on any of the above PRP therapy treatments, call (561) 948-1134 or fill out the form at the top of the page on the right hand side.